Single Cell Technology, Inc. has multiple openings for Bioinformatics Scientist in San Jose, CA.
Job Title: Bioinformatics Scientist
- Design and apply bioinformatics algorithms including machine learning, and dynamic programming algorithms to perform Next Gen Sequencing data mining;
- Compile data for use in gene expression profiling and genome annotation;
- Improve user interfaces for bioinformatics software that accesses databases;
- Consult with lab researchers to solve DNA sequencing data visualization issues or to determine computational strategies;
- Design, build, and modify databases for the storage of parsed NGS data;
- Use mathematical analysis software, such as Wolfram Mathematica, to process and analyze images from microarray scanners to meet specific scientific project needs;
- Build mathematical models to simulate and troubleshoot the molecular biology experiments performed in the laboratory;
- Use mathematical analysis software, such as Wolfram Mathematica, to develop and execute bioinformatic algorithms that parse and analyze a large number of DNA sequencing results from a Next Generation Sequencing instrument based on knowledge of the central dogma of molecular biology;
- Prepare summary statistics of information derived from Next Generation Sequencing;
- Retrieve, manipulate, and summarize data from publicly accessible sequence databases;
- Test and evaluate new and updated bioinformatics tools and software;
- Create laboratory programs using a software tool such as VHDL or LabVIEW to simulate and control SCT’s instruments;
- Recommend new systems and processes to improve bioinformatic analysis.
Master’s degree or foreign equivalent degree in Computer Science, Bioinformatics, or a related field. Demonstrated knowledge of central dogma of molecular biology and the 5 prime to 3 prime polarity of DNA sequences required. Skills in developing and applying algorithms for processing and analyzing DNA sequence data required. Skills in using major DNA sequence databases, such as NCBI, vbase, or IMGT databases required. Academic coursework in bioinformatics and algorithms required. Ability to program in VHDL or LabVIEW required.
Employer’s name: Single Cell Technology, Inc.
Job site: 6280 San Ignacio Avenue, Suite E, San Jose, CA 95119
If you are interested in applying for this position, please mail resume with Job # 2017A to HR at Single Cell Technology, Inc., 6280 San Ignacio Avenue, Suite E, San Jose, CA 95119.